Private Virtual Tour 🍶 The Secret of Koji in Shochu at Meijigura Distillery
Learn beloved spirits of Shochu, nurtured by time and craftsmanship in the South of Japan
- The building of the distillery is more than 100 years old. You’ll witness the historical Kura (Distillery) still active.
- Shochu Master Distiller “Toji” and his craftsmen keep a tradition and produce Shochu by using the ancient production method. You can learn the method with a movie during the tour. It’s in the limited season of production of Shochu now and you also could observe the production process in real-time
- Each brand has its unique flavor. Its craftsman introduces how you can enjoy Shochu.
Kagoshima is located in the most southern part of Japan mainland. Kagoshima is well known for the local spirits made from sweet potato, Shochu, and it is said that there are 114 Shochu distilleries and more than 2000 brands of Shochu in Kagoshima. Meijigura is located at the southern tip of Kagoshima with a historical distillery. You can enjoy the traditional production method of the unique liquor and the atmosphere of the building.
by Zoom with your device
Minimum 2 to Maximum 30 accounts/devices
– English speaking online guide
– Real guide
– telecom charge which occurs at your end
This is a virtual tour where you can feel as if you walk around in the Shochu distillery with your guide, Miki, a state-licensed guide and a certified Shochu navigator. She and a craftsman of the distillery will show you around there explaining the traditional production methods and culture of Shochu.
Yoshie, the moderator of the tour, is actually a Shochu Meister. She will moderate and support through the tour.
At the end of the tour, the craftsman shows you a unique liquor set for Shochu and tells you how to use it. In addition, you will learn how to enjoy Shochu in various kinds of ways.
So when the tour ends, you would be a specialist of Shochu in Kagoshima!!
The Price is for per person.
One month (negotiable)
– Cancellation policy: 100% refundable before one day. Not refundable for cancellation on the day or no-show
– With a ticket, you can join the tour with your family and friends by your device (one device only).
– If the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, a notice will be sent by email before 6 PM (JST) 1 day prior to the tour. The guests will be able to reschedule/choose the alternative day or the tour fee paid will be fully refunded.
– Please download Zoom in advance.
– If any system problem occurs at our side, we will refund 100% of the ticket price.
– We will not guarantee that any system problem occurs at your side. Please check your internet connection environment before the tour.
– The time is Japan Standard Time (GMT +9:00). To check the time zone difference between your country and Japan, you may refer to this time zone converter.
– We can arrange a private tour for you. Please let us know your request!