Jinrikisha Ride in Ooshima Tsumugi in Kagoshima city
Learn the history of the Last Samurai era on Jinrikisha in Ooshima Tsumugi at the Kagoshima city
- Dressing for a one-day rental kimono of Ooshima Tsumugi, Japanese Traditional silk pongee takes you to explore Kagoshima, the city of the Last Samurai.
- Enjoy a ride with Kagoshima scenery from a Jinrikisha – human-powered vehicle which was used in the Last Samurai era.
Did you know that Jinrikisha ride is available in Kagoshimia? Akira san the Jinrikisha driver will take you around the city to show the hot spots in the city. Dress up in Ooshima Tsumugi, Kimono made with Kagoshima’s special textile, and take a special photos with Jinrikisha. If you would like to learn more about the history of Japan modernization, book your guide together with this plan!
Starting timing is flexible.
Kimono rental ends by 6pm when the shop closes.
30 mins for dressing + 30/45 mins Jinrikisha Ride
Oose Shouten in Kagoshima city (MAP)
Minimum 1 to Maximum 2
- One day rental kimono (Ooshima tsumugi) including Japanese sandal, Tabi socks
- Jinrikisha ride
- Personal Expense
Plan your day wearing Kimono and spending time beforehand. Book the slot accordingly.
It takes 30 minutes to dress up and enjoy your trip on Jinrikisha.
Jinrikisha ride is available from the shop. However, we recommend meeting the Jinrikisha at either Kagoshima Chuo JR Station area or Terukuni Shrine area to enjoy the view and maximise your riding time.
One week (negotiable)
*There might be some restrictions due to COVID. Check with us about the availability before you book it.
Please let us know…
Your height and shoe size
If your weight is more than 100kg
* Kimono is available up to 165cm height for ladies and 180cm height for men.
* Please return the kimono without any damages. The cost of damages will be charged for any tears, permanent stains, missing pieces, burns, or others spotted upon return
Please check our cancellation policy.– If the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, a notice will be sent by email before 6 PM (JST) 1 day prior to the tour. The guests will be able to reschedule/choose the alternative day or the tour fee paid will be fully refunded.